Pages

Monday, March 6, 2017

Porter Hill Fire

Porter Hill Fire Recount

This is how I first found out about the port hill fire. My purpose is to entertain you. 

It was just after the school lunch bell. Jasmine and Emily were standing out near the class. I asked,” what’s up? what’s all the commotion?” They said, “have you not seen the smoke from the red flower” when did that happen? They both said at the same time yesterday. WHAT!?It was just after the school lunch bell. Jasmine and Emily were standing out near the class. I asked,” what’s up? what’s all the commotion?” They said, “have you not seen the smoke from the red flower” when did that happen? They both said at the same time yesterday. WHAT!?

I ran inside and got Ashrita and Siyona.They asked, “what’s wrong” I said in a puffed voice come outside take a look at this they both said “what show us?” see those clouds that’s not cloud it’s smoke.

All throughout class. Where is it, what if it’s near my family , how did it start, how big is it, I thought to myself … I was scared. I tried to stop thinking about but I couldn’t so I just did my work when the home bell  went I said “saved by the bell”.

At home I said to mum about the fire and mun showed me some pictures and told me what happened.That night I didn’t sleep well because I was a bit scared but mum and dad  said that it was mile away and we were safe.I felt better and it wasn’t as frightening anymore.
I think that we were lucky that one person died but for his family it must have been the worst day ever.
Was it entertaing for you?

2 comments:

  1. well dome jorja. i like how you have used some great adjectives in this writing. keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. kia ora Shikarn here.

    Your story about the port hills fire is amazing. The best part was the first bit of your story.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about